Monday, August 29, 2016

One last holiday before school!

School starts again tomorrow - well, least for the teacher types. Kids come on Thursday. In many ways I am excited to go back - and in a few others... I don't wanna go - I like holidays. :) 

Carly had a few consecutive days off last week and my sister-in-law very generously invited us to come visit their cabin - on a beautiful lake, so off we went. It was a lot of fun and we got to miss the rain in Edmonton. Win-win!

These are some of my favourites from the journey.

Any trip - she's ready to come! 
We went for a hike our first morning with the pups. 

The furry companions! 
Day one - careful of bears! 

On the trail
Someone (it was me...) threw a stick, which our dedicated fur-baby felt bound to retrieve... before she got stuck. Thankfully Carly was willing to go rescue her. 

Still happy - but stranded
Carly to rescue! 
We went water-sliding the next day with the boys and two of their friends. It was a little chilly - but lots of fun. I didn't take my camera though - so no evidence. 

Our last day there the sun came out, the wind died away, and we got a chance to go out on the lake. 

Tubing! I love Greg's face in this one. 
Don't I have a cute wife? 
Rock star #1
Rock star #2
Rock star #3
Queen of the rock stars!
Serious concentration
Learning to captain
 Tubing was hilarious to watch. The expressions as they flew over bumps and around turns were priceless.

Giddy
Goofy (I love Josh's face in this one!)  
Quite confident 
Ready or not - tomorrow I'm back to work. I hope you've had a lovely summer.

Peace to you~

No comments:

Post a Comment